General Terms and Conditions
Please read and understand the following terms and conditions as they are binding for all ticket purchases.
By clicking on "I agree to the Waitrose & Partners Drinks Festival terms and conditions"
- a. You are confirming that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and
that you will be bound by them accordingly;
- b. If you are booking on behalf of someone else, you are representing that:
- you will ensure that any people that you are booking on behalf of have been made aware of these
terms and conditions and that they have read and understand them;
- you have their authority to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf; and
- that they shall be bound by these terms and conditions accordingly.
Please direct any questions, or any subsequent issues, to: [email protected]
or send to Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road,
Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, RG12 8YA.
In these terms and conditions, “Waitrose” “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Waitrose
Limited, a company
registered in England and Wales with company number 99405, VAT number 232457280 and registered address 171
Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring that all details submitted are accurate and correct.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. All amounts quoted are inclusive of VAT.
- The booking and payment process for the classes is facilitated by (i) Story Events Limited a company
registered in England and Wales with company number 08344007 with registered office at 103 Charing Cross
Road, London, WC2H 0DT; and (ii) Kick Digital Limited a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 08967728 with registered office at Unit 2 Endeavour House Parkway Court, Longbridge Road,
Marsh Mills, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8LR. Your personal information will be processed by Story Events
Limited, Kick Digital Limited and any subsequent data processor supplying booking and payment services
in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with any applicable data protection legislation.
you may contact us via [email protected]
Cancellation, refunds and changes
- Refunds will be possible up to two weeks prior to the event opening. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to
discuss this with the team. Please note that no refunds will be offered in the event that a guest is
unable to attend within two weeks of the event or on the day.
- Exchange or transfer of tickets will only be possible under certain circumstances and will be subject to
availability. All requests for exchange or transfer should be submitted to [email protected] a minimum of 14 days
the event opening.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event, with reasonable notice and will notify the ticket purchaser in
writing, should this happen. Guests will be given a full refund of ticket prices should the event be
cancelled by Waitrose, however no associated costs (such as travel, accommodation etc.) will be paid.
- We reserve the right to change the date of any event for any reason. If we do so, we will
endeavour to give participants reasonable notice, and, where Participants cannot attend the event on the
new date, Participants will receive a full refund of the amount paid for that event. We will not be
responsible for travelling or associated expenses.
- We will endeavour to run the event as advertised. However, we reserve the right to make changes,
including to the running order and timings for the event may change prior to the event. Where reasonably
possible, we will provide prior notice of such changes.
- The resale of tickets is prohibited. We reserve the right to cancel any tickets that have been resold.
- The marks of Waitrose and the Waitrose logo are registered United Kingdom and European community
trademarks and may not be used without our express written permission
- Guests must be over 18. No guests under the age of 18 will be permitted entry to the venue.
- A ‘Challenge 25’ policy will be in operation, and as such, all guests are required to bring and present
photographic ID on arrival at the venue.
- A maximum of four tickets can be purchased in each transaction, and we reserve the right to refuse entry
to large groups on arrival.
- While alcohol will be available throughout the event, it is each individual’s duty to drink responsibly
during their time at the event. In the event that a guest is intoxicated or their conduct is disorderly,
we reserve the right to ask them to leave the premises and no refunds will be given.
- We will not provide lockers or secure storage for personal property of guests. Guests are expected to
look after their personal property during an event.
- Guests must: (i) comply with all health and safety, security and other requirements notified to them
(including any requirements on the registration form); (ii) obey all instructions given by the host; and
(iii) act responsibly and maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour.
- Guests may be refused admission to, or be asked to leave, an experience at any time if: (i) they fail to
comply with any of these terms and conditions; (ii) they are rude, offensive or disruptive; and / or
(iii) the host (acting reasonably) considers it appropriate. If a guest is refused admission to, or
asked to leave, an event, they must do promptly and without disturbing others.
- Should a guest cause damage to property owned by the venue, a contractor for the event, or Waitrose, any
compensation or repair costs will be sought from the individual after the event.
- We will only be responsible for loss or damage to guests' personal property if the loss or damage
results from our breach of these terms and conditions or negligence.
- We will not have any liability to Participants for: (i) accidental damage or injury resulting from the
actions or omissions of other Participants attending an experience; (ii) any loss of income, loss of
revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or loss of contracts; or (iii) any indirect or consequential
loss or damage that Participants may suffer as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions or
negligence or otherwise.
- However, we do not (and nothing in these terms and conditions shall) exclude or limit in any way our
liability where it would be unlawful to do so, including our liability for death or personal injury
caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
How we may use photography and videos
- The event may be recorded by us and we may take videos, photographs and other recordings, where you are
recorded at the event. You agree to the publication of such photographs, videos, recordings, and/or
likenesses of you (whether edited, adapted, modified or copied) and their use by us and those authorised
by us, without prior notice or compensation, in any way which we may see fit now or in the future
including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications, future events and publicity. You
acknowledge that we have the full right to sell and/or profit from the commercial use of such
photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of you.
- These terms and conditions and their subject matter (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them) are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- If we cannot resolve any complaints relating to the event between us, if you are a customer within the EU you have the right to submit your complaint through the Online Dispute Resolution platform at for resolution.
myWaitrose Room early entry competition Terms and Conditions
The Promoter is set out at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
Who Can Enter
- This competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom excluding Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this competition. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- Purchase of a Waitrose & Partners Drinks Festival ticket is necessary. There is no charge to submit an entry.
Deadline For Entries
- Entries must be received between 00.01 on 23 October 2018 and 23:59 on 5 November 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
How To Enter
- To enter, simply click on the link in your Drinks Festival Email.
- There is a limit of one entry per lead ticket holder. Multiple entries submitted directly or with the use of any automated systems will not be entered into the draw. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in transit, regardless of the cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- Those entries not in accordance with the rules will be void and will entitle the Promoter to exclude the entry from the competition; any entry containing false, incomplete or misleading information will be void and will entitle the Promoter to exclude the entry from the competition.
- The prize is early entry into the myWaitrose Room at the Waitrose & Partners Drinks Festival 2018 at County Hall London, the first 150 ticket holders attached to the lead ticket holder entry per session are available to be won.
- Any travel expenses, or any other expenses in the general use of and enjoyment of the prize, that the winners or their guests incur are the sole responsibility of the winners or their guests. The ticket price is excluded from the prize and has to be purchased previous to entering the competition.
- Prizes are subject to availability. They are non-transferable, non-refundable and, unless stated, there are no cash alternatives. In the event that the prize is out of stock or if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another item, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- All valid and, if applicable, correct entries received by the Closing Date will be entered into a prize draw, and the winners will be picked at random.
- The winner’s details (name and county) will be available for one month after the Closing Date by sending a request to the Promoter at
- Winners will be notified by email, text or phone call as soon as practicable after the prize draw, using the contact details provided with the competition entry. The winners will be required to respond within 6 days of notification (unless otherwise stated) confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event winners do not respond to communications within this period or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and draw another winner.
- Please allow 5 days from the date of the winner’s address verification for delivery of the prize.
Limitation Of Liability
- The Promoter and its associated agencies, companies and distributors will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including liability for fraud or death or personal injury arising from negligence) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or if the Promoter believes that your conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the competition into disrepute, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to make your entry void and will entitle the Promoter to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- This competition and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Promoter is [Waitrose Limited], a company with registered company number  and registered office at [171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN]. All correspondence in connection with this competition should be sent to Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell RG12 8YA.